Weird Things I.... Eat!


Hello! So I wrote this post and then started thinking about how it might be a fun thing to write about in other categories...(Not just weird things I eat) but "Weird Things I".... secretly think, dream, do, write, believe, wear, drink, DON'T do, what-ever. Just any old thing that you ever stop and think "Am I the only weirdo who likes/does this? Why is this weird?, I love it!"

And I also think it might be a fun idea for a blog link up if anyone is interested? Full disclosure I have no idea how to do these so it might involve some technical assistance. Which, after getting a new template - do you like it? I like it, but do want to jazz up my header a bit!, and yes I paid a reasonable few pennies to have it installed for me, thank you Blogger Templates at Etsy, because no, I cannot un-zip a file, I tried about fifty times and made a mess, sorry I am not a techie, and no it's not that easy because our friend who is like a real computer nerd couldn't work it out either!. Anyway!...onto my first weird thing!

Weird Things I ... Eat!


So...I don't know about you, but once in a while I will be eating something and stop and think "Is this a really weird/gross thing I made up somewhere?" I think it comes from student days, from poor post-grad days in NYC, because I certainly remember eating plenty of weird "meals". Some of the things stick though, become some things we continue to enjoy despite their potential gross-ness (to other people!). So yeah, this is one of my things...don't judge me! ;-0


It all starts innocently enough....


Just some tuna fish...what could possibly be weird about that?



This...I don't even know where this came from...




Your eyes are not deceiving you...that is some carrot, and some RAISINS. Yep, I said raisins. A little snack for later, maybe?







Wait, whaaat? I put the carrot and the raisins in the bowl with the tuna fish? And some mayo? What kind of weird godforsaken idea is that?





 I mean, am I the only weirdo who does this? My Mom will eat it too if I make it but I'm pretty sure I picked it up in college or something. I had a friend at the campus coffee shop/cafe where I worked and she and I would get tuna on a grilled raisin bagel after our shift finished - I think it stemmed from this?


Tuna fish salad with raisins and carrots



Now before you get all judge-y British people, I have seen what YOU put in tuna, and I do not approve! (They put corn, they call it "sweetcorn" here, Idkw, in their tuna, and I find it weirdly revolting for a crazy lady who puts raisins in her tuna!).

So yeah, do other people eat this weirdness too or just me? I think the reason I personally find it weird is, this is going to sound super loopy now, but I am actually pretty picky when it comes to raisins being in other stuff. I will not abide raisins in muffins or apple pie/streudel (that is like my idea of hell, I don't know why!). I once dated an Italian guy whose family put raisins in the meatballs and I almost lost my mind it grossed me out so much but I still had to be polite and try to eat the very weird meatballs! So sticking raisins in tuna just seems whacked out to me, on an aesthetic level, and it's not something I do all the time, but sometimes I crave it and it's the only thing that will do.

How about you, is there anything you eat that you suspect is secretly very weird and would gross people out?

9 comments

  1. One of my coworkers will bring in food every once in awhile, and she brought in tuna mixed with corn, lime or lemon juice and on a tostada. I don't think there was mayo involved... as someone who grew up eating tuna with mayo and pickles I was hesitant but it was yummy! As an adult, and if i'm making tuna just for me, i will add red onion and celery in addition to the (dill!!!) pickles and mayo, which both my husband and brother find gross. I don't know if I could do the carrots and raisins... i am pretty picky on what raisins can and cannot be in, though I have since come over to the dark side and enjoy an oatmeal raisin cookie since they are my husbands favorite. but put those in my cinnamon roll and i may have to cut a bitch. ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! I forgot to mention your new nifty blog theme! I love it! I like how you involved the light blue in with the post, makes it really cohesive feeling. As for a linkup, I don't know if I would like another link up that was every week, but maybe once a month? I think the website InLinkz does linkups for blogs, I've never used it though so I can't say how easy it is. I sometimes think I'm more techy than I am and need my husband to bail me out, ha. Resident IT guy in the house, woot woot.

      Delete
    2. Ha, that touch of blue was an accident but thanks! I love tuna with pickles and onions. I was thinking the link up would be random/maybe monthly anyway :-) I started the exercise one so that is enough (&Sunday Confessions ;-) for me! I will check out that site thanks! :-)

      Yeah I don't do raisins in lots of other things, I think a part of it is I don't trust the raisin is a raisin unless I made it! #phobic

      Delete
  2. I eat weird stuff like that all the time! To me, this sounds likes a variation on cherry chicken salad, which can be delicious! Although I make my version with chickpeas instead of chicken, but I digress. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, interesting! I had chicken salad with some kind of fruit in it in a deli once (can't remember what)but it was good.

      Delete
  3. I kind of want to try this...

    I eat tuna either on its own (straight out the tin) or with brown sauce and my colleagues find it weird!

    Christy x
    Dinner Stories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah...brown sauce, I never thought of that, interesting! I have tried a light vinaigrette instead of mayo. Let me know what you think if you try it (and I apologize in advance if you think it's gross!)

      Delete
  4. 1.) I love the new blog look!
    2.) Sorry, I am very behind on my blog reading, but I am getting caught up and finally pulling out of my depression funk and will be more regular now.
    3.) Um, I think this would make a fan-friggin'-tastic link-up and I would love to join in! You can use the same link up site I use for Sunday Confessions - Inlinkz.com - it's fairly straightforward, free or reasonably priced options, and not overly complicated. I did have a few bugs to figure out my first couple times doing it, but it was nothing terrible and it was definitely my lack of experience rather than the program. If you decide to do it and you have any questions, you can definitely email me or message me on facebook if you run into any questions. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becky! I really am a tech idiot so it could be disastrous but I will check it out!

      Delete